An exciting opportunity to be a key part of our team. Oxford Ceramics Gallery is the leading ceramics gallery in the UK, with an ambitious vision.
This position is multi-faceted as it involves overseeing many different aspects:
- Welcoming visitors to the space and providing information.
- Updating the gallery’s website and social media platforms.
- Tracking and responding to web and phone enquiries.
- Negotiating sales with clients.
- Packaging and confidently handling valuable ceramic artworks.
- Assisting with installation of artworks in the gallery space for exhibitions; as well as off site events including Art Fairs.
- Arranging shipping of artworks.
- Managing the online inventory.
Skills and Qualifications
Interpersonal skills are key to this role as you will be regularly communicating with artists, clients other members of staff and the general public.
A keen interest in contemporary and historical ceramic art (or another art form).
Familiar with various administrative practices: to prepare the gallery’s works of art for shipping or storage; conservation; registering and storing the works of art.
IT skills are crucial to this role including experience of using Apple’s operating system including, Numbers, Pages and desktop publishing (or Windows equivalent). Knowledge of Artlogic would also be useful.
Technical skills installing artworks.
Please send a full CV to Leigh Sneade email@example.com and include a 200 word statement on why you would like to join our team by Friday 17th December 2021, 6pm.